Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Sunrise Prayer


Summer Sunrise off Sandbridge in Virginia Beach,  July 2015, 6:00 am


Thinking about my life so far.
Thinking about my journey through grief.
Hoping to lift my eyes to bigger things.
Hoping I will be changed for the better.

Thinking about the relentless tide of sorrow in this world.
Thinking about the temptation to only see that.
Hoping to tame discouragement into the corner of its cage.
Hoping to make room for the free birds of joy, peace, and grace.

Thinking about the goodness of this life, the miracles that slip in silently.
Thinking this is the nourishment that sustains me.
Hoping hope will overcome the heavy weight of narrow vision.
Hoping to have eyes to see the holy magic in the world.

1 comment:

GrahamForeverInMyHeart said...

Beautiful poem. Just wondering how you're doing these days. I'm always happy to see a new blog post from you.
Three years into this journey and I still feel overwhelmed with grief.